Monday, August 31, 2009

Felted Cap - My Difficult Journey

I have always thought of myself as a pretty good knitter, but I started knitting a hat that I found in a pattern book. The second I saw it, I fell in LOVE and knew I had to make it. I bought some wool (wool is the best yarn for felting) and embarked on the journey of starting a new project.

I didn't realized until I got about halfway into the pattern that I had to try something new. The front of the hat is made using short rows. My friend, Madeline, and I tried to figure it out. I think we got it, but we'll see how far I get this week. I even woke up this morning exhausted! I had a dream that I had to do short rows all night! I woke up with nothing actually knitted and a wish to go back to sleep.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment